I mentioned in my morning routine post that I prepped lunch in the mornings, and thought I'd share what I've been loving lately!
When making lunch, I typically try to make something that:
- tastes good cold (I try to avoid the microwave unless absolutely necessary....).
- fits in one bowl.
- can be eaten with only a fork or a spoon (I don't have a table to eat at on break, so a single utensil situation works better).
- includes bacon in some way. This is a non-negotiable.
This little bowl of goodness hit the spot, tasted delicious, and met all of the above criteria!
1. Roast a bunch (1-2 BIG handfuls) of raw baby organic carrots + one diced diakon radish + a T or so of coconut oil at 350°.
2. Lay bacon flat on a baking pan (5-6 pieces usually does the trick) and place in the oven after the veggies have cooked for about 20 minutes. Let bacon cook for about 15 minutes or until crispy.
3. Crumble cooled bacon over roasted veggies and top with a dollop of your favorite nut butter and sea salt! I use this almond butter from whole foods and any brand of Pink Himalayan salt will do just fine).
4. Give it a little whirl with utensil of choice and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment