I am so, so grateful to spend my time in an environment where growth is the norm. Heck, norm doesn't even begin to describe it, as it's nearly impossible to ignore self-cultivation with provided tools like Brian Tracey, Gabrielle Bernstein, Tim Ferriss, and the granddaddy of them all....Landmark. All of these provided opportunities have influenced my growth and the way I strive to live my life.
A few weeks ago, I came across an index card turned book market I had made last year.
What is essential to you? I've started using it as my calendar bookmark (yes, I still use a paper calendar...) where I see it first thing. It's been a nice reminder as I plan my days and weeks to only plan and commit to things that resonate with my truth. I try to only commit to things if I can answer yes to this question: Would I do this if it were my last week? Obviously, there are things that have to be done, but just by asking this question, you start to see what speaks to your truth and what can be weeded out. Maybe nothing changes...and that's great! Maybe you end up with a few more hours a week to read a good book, go for a walk, or spend time with your partner or kids. Try it...let me know what you think.
So, for the month of June, I'm setting the intention to get back to the essentials. Every action will be proceeded by the question, "What is essential to you?" I love the idea of starting this practice in June, as it's the first month of summer. Appropriately named since it's latin root, uniores, is defined as "younger ones."
I'm avoiding setting strict guidelines for myself and focusing more on the end result. My goals for the month can be divided into 3 categories:
Mind
Meditation
Forgiveness
Writing/Journaling
Breathing
Technology hiatus
News fast
Body
Movement that feels good (yoga/pilates/walking)
Sunshine everyday (at least 20 minutes)
Mobility work everyday (15 minutes)
Breathing
Intuitive eating
Hydration
Sleep (8 hours a night)
Space
Organize
Declutter
Spending freeze
Deep clean
I'll touch more on my goals throughout the month and what I'm doing to meet them. In the meantime, I would love to hear what you guys are working on for the month! Make sure to check out Lizzie's blog over at Bulletproof Bananas!
Happy Juniper!!


I love your blog! I'm joining you in committing to decluttering and connection in the month of June. Decluttering areas of my house and connecting more with family & friends. Thanks for inspiring! Kate
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kate! Can't wait to hear about your month as you declutter and connect! Keep me posted :)
ReplyDelete